Daniel Joseph MarchesePrincipal
Leading Oakland County Michigan Divorce & Family Attorney
Mr. Marchese focuses on realistic problem solving techniques to resolve often times stressful legal situations. He is highly experienced in divorce and family law matters, and he has successfully tried and arbitrated cases in the most contentious matters. 99% of his cases are either resolved at or prior to mediation – this provides the added bonus of saving time, money and emotional distress. Mr. Marchese has been featured in several prominent publications including USA Today and has won over 50 national awards for his excellence in law practice and law firm management.
After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in English from the University of Michigan in 2006, Mr. Marchese received a Master of Public Administration from the same school in 2007. He went on to receive a Juris Doctor in 2011 from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
Mr. Marchese is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan and the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Mr. Marchese’s awards include:
- In 2019 Mr. Marchese was recognized as the Litigator of the Year in Family Law from the American Institute of Trial Lawyers
- In 2020 he was awarded numerous awards including the 2020 Elite Family Law Advocate award from the American Institute of Legal Advocates
- Daniel has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers from 2015-20
- He was recently recognized as one of Michigan’s Top Lawyers by Michigan’s Top Lawyers and a Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- The National Association of Distinguished Counsel has listed Mr. Marchese in the Nation’s Top One Percent of attorneys from 2016-20
- He holds the highest peer rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell, he has an Avvo “Superb” rating and he was recognized in DBusiness Magazine’s Top Lawyers
- He has been recognized as a Top Litigator by the American Lawyer
- He is one of the Top 10% of Lawyers in America – Civil Litigation as awarded by Lawyers of Distinction from 2018-2020,
- He is a Top 10 Family Law Attorney in Michigan as awarded by National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc., and from 2016-20
- Daniel was one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Michigan as awarded by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- Daniel is recognized as one of America’s Top Lawyers by the American Law Society and was recognized as one of the Best Attorneys in America
- Designated as an Expert Network Distinguished Lawyer by the Expert Network from 2017-20
- Was awarded as one of America’s Top 100 Attorneys by the American Jurist Institute
- Was honored as one of America’s Most Honored Professional by American Registry
- Was awarded as a Top 40 Under 40 Lawyer and a Top 100 Lawyer Nationally by the National Advocates
- Is a 2018-20 Top 10 Family Law Attorney by Attorney and Practice Magazine
- From 2019-20 he has been a Power Attorney as awarded by Power Attorneys
- Daniel also has been recognized from 2019-20 as a Top 100 Attorneys in American from the American Academy of Attorneys
- Is a Martindale-Hubbell Platinum Client Champion and was awarded such distinction from 2017-20
- Was awarded The Top 1 Percent Award from America’s Most Honored Professionals from 2019-20
- The Marchese Law Firm has been recognized as one of the Best Law Firms in America in 2018 and was awarded the honor of being one of the 10 Best Law Firms from the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys from 2018-20.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.