Stephen A. CooleyAssociate
Mr. Cooley is a licensed attorney in both Michigan and California. He attended Michigan State University College of Law, receiving his Juris Doctorate degree in 2012. While in law school, he received the Jurisprudence Award for both Criminal Trial Advocacy and Advanced Legal Research.
Mr. Cooley practices appellate law, workers’ compensation, estate planning, business law, personal injury, and criminal law.
- University of Florida, BA 2009
- Michigan State University College of Law, JD 2012
- Oakland University, MBA 2015
When I’m not working, I love the outdoors: camping, hiking, biking, and the shooting sports. I’m an avid sports fan. You can often catch me at Spartan games or in Detroit at a game. I also coach boys and girls track at Notre Dame Preparatory in Pontiac, Michigan.
- People v Lee (2018): on appeal, successfully eliminated a 5-year probation term from client’s sentence.
- People v Payne (2018): on appeal, successfully reduced client’s sentence by 30 days.
- Gravius v Quality Rehabilitative Servs, LLC (2018): obtained a favorable settlement in a workers’ compensation case.
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- State Bar of Michigan: Economic of a Virtual Law Practice Panelist, October 2014
- Outsourcing and Offshoring Legal Services. Appellate Practice Section Newsletter, Spring 2015
- Reflections on General Warrants. Appellate Section Newsletter, Summer 2015